Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

To every mother out there -- this is YOUR day! Let's celebrate the wonderful gift of motherhood. I pray that you have a great and wonderful day -- God bless you for all that you do! Happy Mother's Day!!
Bloomin Beautiful Mother's Day CardHere's one of the Mother's Day cards that I did this year. And below is a closeup of the layering. I popped a few of the flowers up on dimensionals to give it a more 3D look.

And here's a neat little trick to use when you don't have the right color of Craft ink and you want to heat emboss - load up the stamp first with Versamark, and then with the desired color of Classic ink. It will stay wet long enough to add embossing powder.

I didn't actually do that here, though. I stamped the sentiment in versamark, added the clear EP, and when it was heated, the color darkened. I love how it looks!
Bloomin Beautiful Mother's Day Card - Closeup LayersStamps - Bloomin' Beautiful (Occasions mini), All Holidays; Paper - Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White; Inks - Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel, Versamark, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace; Accessories - Bashful Blue Striped Ribbon, Silver brads, Clear Embossing Powder, Ticket Corner punch, Photo Corner punch, Horizontal Slot punch, Corner Rounder punch, 1/16" handheld circle punch, Dimensionals, Aqua Painters

I also used non-SU! rubons and I gave the bashful blue base some "texture" by using a Fiskars brayer that has a textured pattern similar to the SU! Canvas background stamp. It's tone on tone so you can't really see it in the pic, but it gives it a subtle dimension IRL. I got this "brayer" at a "garage sale" at a nearby LSS and thought it would be a cheaper alternative to getting the Canvas background, but I had a hard time getting it to stamp evenly. The patchy look might be useful for some projects, but I'm definitely going to be buying that background stamp now. Sometimes "shortcuts" and "cheaper alternatives" just don't work as well!

Wishing you a blessed week!
Jessica

No comments: