Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Elegant Thank-You Card

Elegant Thank-You CardThis is one of my favorite cards. And, I'll admit that it's a pretty close CASE of a card by Maren(mmbc). Click here to see her card. Several things to note: Maren used Close to Cocoa card stock and ink - I used Chocolate Chip; she used a piece of Afternoon Tea DSP - I stamped Soft Sky on Soft Sky to create my own patterned paper; she used the corner rounder to make her scallops - I used the slit punch; and if you look closely there's a few other minor changes, as well.

This was my first attempt at a really detailed layered card. I'm not completely satisfied with it, but I'm trying to curb my perfectionist tendencies and just let things go. It's really not too bad, if I don't say so myself! One thing I learned from this was not to try to ink the edges AFTER assembling the layers, lol!

By the way - this isn't the card that I promised in the previous post. I've got a specific card in mind for that - another CASE, btw ;-) We're going out of town later this week, so I may not get that card done until we come back. But I promise to post it when I get it done.

Stamps -Live Your Dream, All Holidays; Paper - Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Whisper White; Ink - Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip; Accessories - Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Vintage brads, Large Oval punch, Slit punch, Ticket Corner punch, 1/16" handheld circle punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, dimensionals

No comments: