Monday, April 28, 2008

MOO-ve Over!!

MOOve Over 6x6 Scrapbook LayoutI found this picture from years ago and thought it would make a funny scrapbook layout. BTW - this is my very first 6x6 page! The Really Rust paper matched the photo perfectly and the Hemp Twine and torn edge added that perfect touch of rustic.

I used Tombo Mono Multi liquid glue to adhere the twine. It did leave shiny spots where there was excess. The neat thing about Stampin' Up! is that they carry so many color coordinating products. I just applied some Really Rust pastel (chalk) to those areas and it really blended them in. You can still see them if you look closely, but they've got a matte look now so they're not as noticeable.

One other thing I wanted to mention was how I adhered the ribbon on the corners. I could have cut the edges even with the card stock but I decided to wrap it around to the back instead. I had never tried this before and had just bought some Mono Multi to try out, so that's what I used first. Unfortunately, not only did the Mono Multi not hold it, but it caused the color from the Really Rust paper to bleed right through the ribbon. Yuck! So I replaced it and tried Glue Dots on the back. Those aren't holding either, so next time I do this I will use Sticky Strip.

Paper - Really Rust, Basic Black, Soft Sky; Accessories - Natural Hemp Twine, Signo White Gel Pen, Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, Twill Tape. I also used a non-SU! black gel pen for my journaling

God bless!
Jessica

No comments: