Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Boho/West Themed Graduation Card

Go Confidently Boho Grad CardToday, I wanted to share a graduation card that I made for my cousin. I actually used this card for my very first swap, as well.

I used the Boho West - Style Watch colors for this card: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose, and Pretty in Pink.

  1. The Paisley background was stamped in Close to Cocoa classic ink on Close to Cocoa card stock.
  2. The medallion image from the Wanted set was stamped in CTC on Purely Pomegranate and then punched with the scallop circle and sponged with Close to Cocoa.
  3. The sentiment is from the Occasions Mini set Live Your Dream and is stamped in CTC, and both the Pretty in Pink and the Regal Rose layers were sponged with CTC.
  4. The paisley and star were stamped with Very Vanilla craft ink on Choc Chip, cut out, and attached with dimensionals.
  5. And I used glue dots to attach the ribbon.
I've got a nephew who's also graduating this year and I think I'll try this card in blues for him. The arrangement of the medallion, ribbon, and star on the left makes me think of shooting fireworks celebrating their achievement.

Stamps - Wanted, Live Your Dream; Paper - Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate; Ink - Close to Cocoa (classic), Very Vanilla (craft); Accessories - Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain, Vintage brads, Dimentionals, Sponges, 1/16" handheld circle punch

Hope you enjoyed the card today.
God Bless!
Jessica

No comments: